The Fund is now accepting applications for grants of up to $100,000* to support initiatives that work to advance the mission of ending gun violence in America. The Fund will consider a broad range of law school clinic proposals including, but not limited to, court monitoring programs that seek to ensure that existing gun violence prevention laws are being properly enforced, legal services for survivors of gun violence, and/or civil rights cases seeking to address the impact of gun violence on BIPOC and other disproportionately affected communities.
*Grant recipients have the potential to renew this award annually depending on the success of the project.
- Combat the drivers of gun violence in a measurable way
- Build a pipeline of the next generation of gun violence prevention litigators
- Amplify the power of survivor voices and trauma-informed solutions
The Fund will evaluate potential submissions based upon the following considerations:
- Strategic Vision–What are the goals of the project and how does this project further the goals of the gun violence prevention movement?
- Evaluative Metric–What criteria should the clinic and the Fund use to measure the success of the project?
- Feasibility–How likely is it that support from the Fund will help the clinic achieve its stated objectives?
- Educational value–How will the project provide opportunities for students to develop litigation skills they will use in their legal career?
- A written proposal of no more than 5,000 words excluding charts, illustrations, or appendices. This proposal should include:
- A three-year plan for your proposal
- Proposed metrics for evaluating the success of your proposal
- A detailed discussion of the financial requirements of your proposal–including whether your proposal seeks to solely rely upon the Fund or if the clinic contemplates combining funding sources from other donors
- The CV of any faculty the clinic expects to be affiliated with the project
Proposals are due on April 1, 2022. The Fund will contact potential funding recipients for interviews throughout March and April and will make formal decisions on proposals by May 6, 2022.
Contact: [email protected]